- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Consumer Health
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Systematic Review
- Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Student
- Medical Student
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Tutorials, FAQs, and Videos
- Ask Us
- Computers in Library
- Digital Media Production Studio
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Library Informatics Classroom
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation and Poster Support
- Print, Copy, and Scan
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms and Workstations
- Systematic Review
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
PC laptops are available for in-library checkout at the South Campus (main) Library.
- Current UT Southwestern faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and students in good standing.
- Staff of affiliated institutions (Parkland Health & Hospital System, Children's Medical Center and Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences) in good standing.
Availability: Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be borrowed for up to six (6) hours during staffed hours. (Note: They cannot be reserved in advance.) The latest time a laptop may be checked out is two (2) hours before the Information Desk closes each day. Laptops must be returned to the Information Desk no later than 30 minutes before it closes. The Library does not currently charge a penalty for late check-in, but user privileges may be suspended.
Required documents for in-library checkout: Borrowers must have registered for Library account and be in good standing. To check out laptops, borrowers must present either a valid UT Southwestern ID or a Library card and another picture ID at the Information Desk.
Laptops must remain in the Library at all times. The laptop and any accessories are the responsibility of the borrower while checked out.
All laptops must not be left unattended or unsecured since thefts have occurred in the Library. Locks are available to secure laptops to certain Library furniture.
Use of a laptop is subject to University regulations on computer resources and the Library Use and Conduct Policy. The borrower will not add, alter, delete, or copy any software loaded on these computers. The laptop will not be used for illegal use. No additional software is to be loaded without permission of Library staff. Any computer malfunctions should be reported to Information Desk staff immediately.
Library resources are selected to support the educational, scientific, and clinical missions of the campus. Use of Library resources is restricted to activities related to these missions.
Network, wireless, and power connections are available at the both South Campus (main) Library and North Campus Branch Library. For wireless access, Library users with personal laptops or other devices must have Virtual Private Networking (VPN) account or connect to the wireless network.
If you do not find what you need, please Ask Us, use Live Chat (when available) or call 214-648-2001.