- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Animal Welfare
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- International Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- UT Southwestern Austin Program Affiliates
- Ask Us
- Class Registration
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Individualized Training
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Laptop Checkout
- Library Forms
- Liaison Program
- Library Card Application
- Library Intra-Campus Delivery Services (LIDS)
- Literature Search Request
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Room Request
- Printing and Photocopying
- Renew Library Materials
- Research Support and Reference
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Renew Library Materials
Click here to go to the Renew Materials page . Read on if you need more instructions.
Items which you have checked out may be renewed if they are not on hold.
You can renew your books and audiovisual materials online through the library catalog.
How to Renew Materials Online
- Go to the Renew Materials page.
- Type the entire 14-digit barcode number on your library card in the user ID field.
Type your UT Southwestern person number in the alt ID field (UT Southwestern faculty, staff, and students only).
- Type your Library password in the PIN field. Your password will be what you selected when you registered for Library privileges. Note: If you do not know or remember your password or are unsure about what it is, please call the Library's Information Desk at 214.648.2001. You may also send an email.
- Click on List Charged Items.
- The items which you can renew will be listed with their current due dates.
- Select the items you want to renew by clicking on the check boxes next to each item.
- Click on Renew Selected Items.
- A report of how many items were renewed will appear. Click on OK.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to get a list of all items with their current due dates. You can then print this list by using your browser's print function.
Information about loan periods of items:
|Item||Check Out Length||Number of Renewals||Restrictions|
|Audiovisual Materials||2 weeks||10|
|Anatomical Models||24 hours||4|
|Laptops (PC/Mac)||6 hours||None||Library use only|
|Academic Reserve||2 - 6 hours||None||Library use only (in most cases)|
If you do not find what you need, please call 214-648-2001 to reach the Information Desk, or email us.