- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- UT Southwestern Austin Program Affiliates
- Ask Us
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Liaison Program
- Library Forms
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Room Request
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Returning Library Materials
The Library provides several locations on campus for returning materials to the Library. If you have any questions about locations, please call the Library at 214.648.2001 .
All Library materials (e.g., books, DVDs, audiocassettes) may be returned to the Library either at the Information Desk at the South Campus (main) Library or in one of the Library’s book returns, which are located in several places around the UT Southwestern campus (see below for locations).
Materials borrowed from another library (i.e., interlibrary loan (ILL) materials) should be returned directly to the Library Administration Office at E3.314, Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM. Do not place ILL materials in one of the Library's book returns.
- Inside of South Campus (main) Library, Room E2.3
- On Inner Campus Drive, outside Building L (Cecil H. and Ida Green Science Building) across from Garage I [next to US Post Office mail box]
- Outside of North Campus Branch Library, Room ND2.300
- Outside of garage entrance, Southwestern Allied Health Sciences School Building (Building V)
Note: Items returned in a book return may take longer to be removed from client records.
If individuals are unable to return materials to the Information Desk or in a book return, materials may be returned either through campus or standard postal mail or by using the Texpress courier service, provided by TexShare.
Mailing addresses for campus or standard mail are as follows:
Library Information Desk
ATTN: Information Desk
UT Southwestern Medical Center Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75390-9049
To use the Texpress courier service, individuals may return books to participating TexShare libraries (college, university, or public) and ask that the items be returned to “UT Southwestern Medical Center Library, Location 13”. For a list of participating libraries, please go to the TexShare web site at http://www.texshare.edu.
If you do not find what you need, please Ask Us, use Live Chat (when available) or call 214-648-2001.
Live Chat is generally available Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may email us at the moment.