- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Liaison Program
- Library Forms
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Practice Room
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Study Rooms, Clinical Workstation Rooms and Lockers
The Library provides individual and group study rooms for our clients.
Main Floor: 24/7-Access Study Rooms (Unlocked)
Individual and group study rooms are available 24/7 to clients with UT Southwestern ID badges.
Individual rooms are available with or without computer. All group rooms have computers.
A UT Southwestern ID badge will be requested to verify affiliation for remaining in the Library after close of regular Library hours.
Group Study Room Etiquette
- Groups connected with UT Southwestern or affiliated hospitals have priority over unaffiliated groups, which should yield the room upon request.
- Use non-permanent markers on whiteboards. Dry erase markers and erasers are available at the iHub office.
- Place Library owned materials on shelving cart in room before leaving.
Main Floor: 24/7-Access Clinical Workstation Rooms (Unlocked)
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year medical students
- UT Southwestern faculty and hospital staff for EPIC access
- Parkland EPIC trainer
Usage guidelines for all study rooms:
- Keep study room windows uncovered.
- Minimize noise; there is no soundproofing.
- Don’t leave personal items unattended. Thefts have occurred.
- Library will not accept responsibility for the loss of client equipment or research materials.
- Policies applicable to the entire Library space – as found in the Library Use and Conduct Policy – also apply to study rooms.
- There are free lockers available in the South Campus (main) Library which may be used by affiliated UTSW students, faculty, and staff on a first-come, first-served basis. Only personal materials may be kept in the locker. Lockers are located on the Main Floor in the corner to the right of room E2.408 near the Fire Exit.
- Clients must use their own locks. The process has changed and it is no longer necessary to pick up lock id tags from the iHUB Office.
- Lockers are available on a semester basis, and maintenance will be performed during the first week of each semester (January, May, and August). Signage will be posted for locker users to remove their locks and items during this period. If items are not removed during the maintenance period, the lock will be removed and the contents will be sent to UTSW Security Lost and Found, contact: (214) 648-8311.
If you do not find what you need, please Ask Us, use Live Chat (when available) or call 214-648-2001.