- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Consumer Health
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Systematic Review
- Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- Medical Student
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Computers in Library
- Digital Media Production Studio
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Library Forms
- Off-Campus Access
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Systematic Review
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Study Rooms, Clinical (EPIC) Workstations, and Lockers
The Library provides individual & group study rooms, EPIC clinical workstations, and lockers for our clients. Policies applicable to the entire Library space – as found in the Library Use and Conduct Policy – also apply to all study rooms and workstations. Study room windows should remain uncovered and noise kept to a minimum; there is no soundproofing.
Individual Study Rooms
Twenty-seven (27) individual rooms are available 24/7 at the South Campus Library with or without computers and require no reservation.
Group Study Rooms
Fourteen (14) group study rooms are available at the South Campus Library. Group study rooms are intended for groups of two (2) or more for study or collaboration and are equipped with computers. Groups are encouraged to make reservations. Group study rooms are available for walk-in use when they are not reserved.
- Reservations may be made for up to four (4) hours in a 24-hour period and up to one (1) week in advance.
- Back-to-back reservations for the same room by the same group are not permitted.
- If a group study room fails to be occupied within 15 minutes of its reservation, the reservation is forfeited, and the room will be made available to others.
- Group study rooms should be occupied during the reserved time.
- Once a group leaves the room, it will be made available for others.
- Reasonable noise levels should be maintained. To prevent noise from leaving the room, the door should be closed at all times when a group is using a room.
- Leaving personal belongings within a room does not constitute occupancy.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss of belongings left in unattended rooms.
Clinical (EPIC) Workstations
Four (4) clinical (EPIC) workstations are available at the South Campus and North Campus Branch Libraries. South Campus clinical (EPIC) workstations may be reserved up to four (4) hours in a 24-hour period and up to one (1) week in advance.
Clinical (EPIC) workstations are intended for 2nd-, 3rd-, and 4th-year medical students; UT Southwestern faculty and hospital staff for EPIC access; and Parkland EPIC trainers.
- The rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be reserved online using the library room scheduling system.
- Rooms may be reserved for up to four (4) hours in a 24-hour period, but no more than one (1) week in advance.
- If a clinical (EPIC) workstation fails to be occupied within 15 minutes of its reservation, the reservation is forfeited, and the room will be made available to others.
- Clinical (EPIC) workstations should be occupied during the reserved time. Once a person leaves the room, it will be made available for others. Leaving personal belongings within a room does not constitute occupancy. The Library is not responsible for the loss of belongings left in unattended clinical workstations.
- Clinical (EPIC) workstations are available for walk-in use when they are not reserved. Individuals are encouraged to make reservations. Individuals with reservations have priority.
LockersThere are free lockers available in the South Campus (main) Library which may be used by affiliated UTSW students, faculty, and staff on a first-come, first-served basis. Only personal materials may be kept in the locker. Lockers are located on the Main Floor in the corner to the right of room E2.408 near the Fire Exit. Clients must use their own locks.
Lockers are available on a semester basis, and maintenance will be performed during the first week of each semester (January, May, and August). Signage will be posted for locker users to remove their locks and items during this period. If items are not removed during the maintenance period, the lock will be removed, and the contents will be sent to UTSW Security Lost and Found (phone: 214-648-8311).
If you do not find what you need, please Ask Us, use Live Chat (when available) or call 214-648-2001.