- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- UT Southwestern Austin Program Affiliates
- Ask Us
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Library Forms
- Liaison Program
- Literature Search Request
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Room Request
- Printing and Photocopying
- Research Support and Reference
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Training Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Who May Use The Library?
The mission of the UT Southwestern Library is advance health care discovery and innovation through service and partnerships.
Use of Library resources is restricted to activities in support of the educational, scientific, and clinical missions of the campus. UT Southwestern reserves the right to remove anyone who fails to adhere to these policies.
Authorized Library users may fall into one of the following categories:
- Students, faculty, and staff of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center are the primary clientele of the UT Southwestern Library.
- Personnel from Parkland Health & Hospital System, Children’s Medical Center, UT Southwestern Austin Programs, and the Dallas County Forensic Science Department also may use the Library for valid medical/scientific/educational purposes.
- Students from any University of Texas campus or other university and high school students may apply for defined-term access to the Library for valid medical/scientific/educational purposes. University or school ID must be shown.
- Certain other categories of individuals may be allowed temporary access to the Library at the discretion of the library staff. These include:
- Spouses of a UT Southwestern students, faculty or staff members when accompanied by their spouse
- Members of the public conducting legitimate health care research
- Individuals who can document that they are visiting members of the Library staff (e.g., vendors, family members)
- Other individuals who have been pre-approved by UT Southwestern administration
If you do not find what you need, please call the Library at 214-648-2001, or email us.
Live Chat is generally available Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. You may email us at the moment.