Who May Use the Library?
- Assistance for Physically Challenged Clients
- Confidentiality of Library Records
- Electronic Resource Use
- Library Use and Conduct Policies
- Public Libraries Within 5 Miles of UT Southwestern
The mission of the UT Southwestern Health Sciences Digital Library and Learning Center is to advance health care discovery and innovation through service and partnerships.
Use of Library resources is restricted to activities in support of the educational, scientific, and clinical missions of the campus. UT Southwestern reserves the right to remove anyone who fails to adhere to these policies.
All UT Southwestern affiliates should abide by the campus ID badge policy and wear it where it can be seen. Anyone in the Library may be asked by the campus police for identification at any time.
Authorized Library users may fall into one of the following categories:
- Students, faculty, and staff of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (i.e., the primary clientele of the UT Southwestern Library).
- UT Southwestern Library privileges are limited to residents from Children's Medical Center and Parkland Health & Hospital System. Other Children's and Parkland badge holders may use two designated workstations at the South Campus Library from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday only.
- UT Southwestern alumni can visit the physical library by appointment only. Go to the UTSW Alumni Portal for more information.
- Library-hosted meeting participants, and those participating in collaborative partnerships, such as UTD Masters Leadership Program, JAMP, HPREP, STARS, etc.
At this point in time, Texas Health Resources (THR) employees are not authorized UT Southwestern Library users.
Access for non-badge holders will be available on a limited basis (by appointment only) between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. To request access, please complete the Ask Us online form by selecting "Library Access Request" from the Subject drop-down menu; advanced notice is required (minimum 5 days). The appointments are intended for research assistance with a Library staff member (fee based) or Library group tours.