- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Liaison Program
- Library Forms
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Practice Room
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Library Catalog FAQ
What is the direct URL to the Library Catalog?
It is http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/libcat
- Enter keyword(s) in the search box above (e.g. diabetes mellitus)
- Limit the number of search results by providing two or more keywords
- You can also limit your search by title, author, subject, ISBN, series or call number by selecting the appropriate option in the search box drop-down menu.
- Different forms of a word (child, children, children’s) are searched automatically.
- Results will display in the order of a “relevance” ranking by default
- Advanced Search allows for combination of multiple search terms or phrase into separate box. Browse the search box drop-down menus to select specific search fields e.g. title, author, subject, publisher etc.
- You can also limit your search to type of material, shelving location, date of publication etc.
Search Results Page
- Use the faceted navigation on the left column to filter the search results
- Use the “Add to Cart” link to temporarily save item (for printing, emailing or downloading to a citation management software) in the “Cart” near the top of a screen. Use the check boxes to the left of each item if you like to add multiple items into your cart at once.
What is remote storage?
Items with a remote storage location are at the Joint Library Facility (JLF) in College Station, Texas. Moving the items off-campus allows the Library to add an active learning center. Our Library also provided the core of a shared UT and Texas A&M system resource that will be used by students and faculty throughout the state, including the new UT System medical schools in Austin and South Texas.
How do I know what materials are in remote storage?
Items that display in the catalog with JLF, JLF-Pending, JLF-Resource in Common, or JLF-Resource in Common (Pending) are in remote storage.
Is there a difference between the different categories for remote storage?
Items marked as JLF were contributed to JLF from our Library’s collection. Items marked as a “Resource In Common” can be claimed by our Library as a shared resource. Pending items have not yet completed processing but can still be requested by clients.
How do I get items from remote storage?
Request items from remote storage through ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan).
Will I be charged if I need something from remote storage?
The delivery cost for ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan) depends on affiliation and delivery speed. More information is available here.
|Core Collection||Main Library Model Room (E2.306)||Badge access: Monday-Friday 8-5; online items available 24/7|
|Course Reserve||Main Library Model Room (E2.306) or Online|
|History of Medicine||Main Library (E3.314F)||By appointment (email@example.com)|
|History of Medicine Reference|
|History of Medicine Oversize|
|Rare Book Room||Main Library (E3.341D)||By appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Rare Book Room Oversize|
|Archives||Main Library(E4.406)||By appointment (email@example.com)|
|Institutional Repository||Link provided in catalog||Available 24/7|
Pending items are at JLF but have not yet been processed.
|College Station, Texas||Request through ILLiad (interlibrary loan)|
These items have been sent to JLF from the Library’s collection.
|JLF-Resource in Common (Pending)
These items were not sent to JLF from the Library’s collection but can be used as a shared resource when processing is complete.
|JLF-Resource in Common*
These items were not sent to JLF from the Library’s collection but can be used as a shared resource.