- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Evidence-Based Practice Portal
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Systematic Review
- Toxicology and Environmental Health Portal
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- Medical Student
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Computers in Library
- Digital Media Production Studio
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Liaison Program
- Library Forms
- Off-Campus Access
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Systematic Review
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Library Toolbar Discontinued
The Library will stop maintaining and distributing the Library browser toolbar effective immediately. We recommend that you uninstall it from your browser(s) to eliminate any security vulnerability to your workstation. The instructions to uninstall are below. Please note that different operating system or browser versions may utilize varied terminology.
The Library began offering the Library browser toolbar via Conduit.com in 2006 with the goal to make library resources more accessible. However, the company's recent policy change to increase promotional advertising through the toolbar has resulted to concern about potential malware vulnerability.
Internet Explorer users
- Click the Start button and then select Control Panel > Programs/Uninstall a program (Win7) or Add/Change Programs.
- Find the UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar. Select it, and click Uninstall/Change (Win7) or Change/Remove.
- Click Yes to "Are you sure you want to uninstall UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar?" prompt
- Close window of the states "Your software was uninstalled successfully" confirmation/advertising web page that will launch.
- In the Firefox browser menu, select Add-ons > Extensions.
- Select the UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar Community Toolbar.
- Click Remove.
- Open the Finder application and browse to Applications.
- Scroll down to Toolbars and click on UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar.
- Double-click on "Uninstall".
- Fill in the "User name & Password" and click the OK button.
- In the Google Chrome browser, go to chrome://extensions/.
- Find UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar in the list.
- Click on the trash bin icon to uninstall.
If you would like further assistance on the toolbar removal or how to bookmark your favorite Library resources on your browser(s), please contact LibWebmaster@utsouthwestern.edu.