- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Psychiatric Emergency
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Animal Welfare
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Environmental Health
- International Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- MS1 Orientation
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- UT Southwestern Austin Program Affiliates
- Ask Us
- Class Registration
- Clinical Informationist Program
- Computers in Library
- Individualized Training
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Laptop Checkout
- Library Forms
- Liaison Program
- Library Card Application
- Library Intra-Campus Delivery Services (LIDS)
- Literature Search Request
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation Room Request
- Printing and Photocopying
- Renew Library Materials
- Research Support and Reference
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Library Toolbar Discontinued
The Library will stop maintaining and distributing the Library browser toolbar effective immediately. We recommend that you uninstall it from your browser(s) to eliminate any security vulnerability to your workstation. The instructions to uninstall are below. Please note that different operating system or browser versions may utilize varied terminology.
The Library began offering the Library browser toolbar via Conduit.com in 2006 with the goal to make library resources more accessible. However, the company's recent policy change to increase promotional advertising through the toolbar has resulted to concern about potential malware vulnerability.
Internet Explorer users
- Click the Start button and then select Control Panel > Programs/Uninstall a program (Win7) or Add/Change Programs.
- Find the UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar. Select it, and click Uninstall/Change (Win7) or Change/Remove.
- Click Yes to "Are you sure you want to uninstall UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar?" prompt
- Close window of the states "Your software was uninstalled successfully" confirmation/advertising web page that will launch.
- In the Firefox browser menu, select Add-ons > Extensions.
- Select the UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar Community Toolbar.
- Click Remove.
- Open the Finder application and browse to Applications.
- Scroll down to Toolbars and click on UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar.
- Double-click on "Uninstall".
- Fill in the "User name & Password" and click the OK button.
- In the Google Chrome browser, go to chrome://extensions/.
- Find UT Southwestern Medical Center Library Toolbar in the list.
- Click on the trash bin icon to uninstall.
If you would like further assistance on the toolbar removal or how to bookmark your favorite Library resources on your browser(s), please contact LibWebmaster@utsouthwestern.edu.