- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Clinical Evidence
- Consumer Health
- Evidence-Based Practice Portal
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Systematic Review
- Toxicology and Environmental Health Portal
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Division of Basic Science (DBS) Student
- Medical Student
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Computers in Library
- Digital Media Production Studio
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Liaison Program
- Library Forms
- Off-Campus Access
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Systematic Review
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
UT Southwestern faculty, researchers, and students use EndNote citation management software to search online databases; organize their references, images and PDFs; and create bibliographies accurately and efficiently.
An EndNote site license is purchased annually by the UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences to enhance the training environment of graduate students and post-doctoral researchers. This license permits use by UT Southwestern Medical Center and University Hospital affiliates at no charge.
EndNote is available in both desktop and web versions and enables you to:
- Collect references (bibliographic citation information) while you are searching and store them in your personal library.
- Manage your references in your library by storing them in groups and attaching PDFs of full-text articles.
- Automate the process of adding citations and references when you are writing a paper and create bibliographies in the referencing style of your choice.
- Synchronize your downloaded and online libraries and share and collaborate with up to 14 other people.
- Save time, be more organized, and let the software do the work of referencing for you!
|EndNote X8 Citation Manager: What's New|
EndNote X8 is now available; clients affiliated with UT Southwestern may download Windows or Macintosh versions from UT Southwestern Information Resources (see link below). (PLEASE NOTE: To download the software, you must be logged into an on-campus computer or VPN.) More information about EndNote X8 may be found at http://www.endnote.com.
You may also choose to use the EndNote web version via www.myendnoteweb.com. If you are using both the desktop and the web versions, EndNote has a "Sync" option enabling you to synchronize your EndNote desktop library with the EndNote web version.
|EndNote - Download Software (UT Southwestern)|
ENDNOTE X8 IS HERE! Thomson Reuters has released EndNote X8, which includes some very important and useful new features, such as:
- The ability to share your entire EndNote library, including references, PDFs, and annotations with up to 100 people.
- All members of your collaboration team can add to, annotate, and use the library – at the same time!
- Save your funding dollars for your research.
For more information, go to http://endnote.com/product-details/X8.
CURRENT USERS: Be sure to uninstall the current version on your workstation. Make sure that EndNote libraries and associated Word documents are not in the EndNote program folder.
REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR FILES: EndNote routinely updates and adds new output journal styles, filter files for reading database citation information, and connection files for communicating with databases such as PubMed, MEDLINE (Ovid), PsycINFO, and Scopus. Many licensed journals from the Library's Electronic Journals (A-Z list) also have links to directly download citations. Click on the links below to review each file listing and, if necessary, download. The most recently changed are at the top. Users are strongly encouraged to check these lists at least once every six (6) months.
|EndNote Connection Files|
|EndNote Import Filters|
|EndNote Output Styles|
|What's New in EndNote X8?|
Request Training and Technical Support
For on-campus application support (including troubleshooting), please fill out the "Personal or Group Training Request" (link below) or contact LibEndNote@utsouthwestern.edu.
You may also contact EndNote technical support at 1-800-336-4474, option 4 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Time). Provide your name and UTSW email address and mention that we have an institutional license.
|EndNote Training (Thomson Reuters)|
|Need EndNote Help? Contact the Library.|
|Personal or Group Training Request (UT Southwestern Library)|