- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Consumer Health
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Systematic Review
- Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Student
- Medical Student
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Computers in Library
- Digital Media Production Studio
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Library Informatics Classroom
- Off-Campus Access
- Presentation and Poster Support
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstations
- Systematic Review
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Title: eJournal Coordinator
- Leads, manages, and plans for all aspects of the Library’s collection development activities involving electronic resources.
- Prepares and manages the Library’s collection budget.
- Negotiates and maintains all license agreements for the Library’s electronic resources.
- Collaborates with vendors, publishers, consortia groups, clients and staff in the selection/deselection, acquisition, and successful implementation and support of electronic resources.
- Manages the collection development department and supervises one Collection Development Librarian and one Electronic Resources Specialist (2.0 FTEs)
- Leads a multi-university support group to acquire and manage electronic resource resources for a five-state regional academic medical library consortium, SCAMeL (South Central Academic Medical Libraries Consortium).
Areas of Interest:
- Academic and research library acquisition and management practices
- Collection evaluation and analysis
- Licensing of electronic resources
- Scholarly publishing trends
M.L.S., San Jose State University, California State University Fullerton Campus Program, 1992
- South Central Academic Medical Libraries Consortium, Collection Development Committee, 2004 to present
- South Central Chapter, MLA, 1993 to present
- HealthLINE, 1993 to present
- Medical Library Association (MLA), 1991-2013
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, MLA, 1998-2013
- Thompson LL, Higa ML (Associate Editor and Contributor), Carrigan E, and Tobia R. The Medical Library Association's Master Guide to Authoritative Information Resources in the Health Sciences, Neal-Schuman Publishers, 2011.
- Higa, Mori Lou. "Integration of Web 2.0 and Electronic Journals." Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries, v.5(1), 2008: 55-64.
- Thompson LL and Higa ML. "Journal Collection Development: Challenges, Issues and Strategies." In Introduction to Health Sciences Librarianship (ed. M. Sandra Wood), Haworth Press, 2008.
- Carrigan E, Higa ML, and Tobia, R. "Collection Development of Monographs and Digital Resources." In Introduction to Health Sciences Librarianship (ed. M. Sandra Wood), Haworth Press, 2008.
- Higa ML, Bunnett B, Maina B, Perkins J, Ramos T, Thompson LL, and Wayne R. "Redesigning a Library’s Organizational Structure." College and Research Libraries, v.66(1), January 2005: 41-58.
- Higa-Moore ML, Bunnett B, Mayo HG, and Olney CA. “Use of Focus Groups In a Library’s Strategic Planning Process.” Journal of the Medical Library Association, v90(1), January 2002: 86-92.
Awards and Grants:
2008 Daniel T. Richards Prize Winner Co-Recipient, Medical Library Association Collection Development Section for “Journal Collection Development: Challenges, Issues, and Strategies." In Introduction to Health Sciences Librarianship, Haworth Press, 2008.