- Behavioral Health
- Clinical Reference
- Consumer Health
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Family Medicine
- Maternal & Child Health
- Mobile Resources
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Practice Guidelines
- Public Health
- Texas Public Health
- Basic Sciences
- Data Sets
- Global Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- Management, Health Policy
- NIH Public Access
- Science Reference
- Systematic Review
- Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Dissertation & Thesis
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Student
- Medical Student
- Southwestern School of Health Professions (SSHP) Student
- Ask Us
- Computers in Library
- Digital Media Production Studio
- Faculty Curriculum Support
- Institutional Repository
- InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Library Informatics Classroom
- Off-Campus Access
- Printing and Photocopying
- Request Training
- Research Services
- Study Rooms/Clinical Workstation/Lockers
- Systematic Review
- Topic Search Request
- Wireless Connection
- Ask Us
Title: Manager, Digital Collections
Works closely with archives, metadata, and catalog staff in the Digital Collections unit to connect a wide range of digital resources and services to clients. Manages or assists in special projects undertaken by the Digital Collections unit, such as grant-funded endeavors, or partnerships with other departments or areas on campus. As a digital archivist, develops, manages, and provides research assistance and outreach for physical and digital archive/history of medicine collections to the UT Southwestern community and beyond. Administrator and content curator for the UT Southwestern Archives Collection, UT Southwestern Institutional Repository, and Texas Physicians Historical Biographical Database.
Contact me regarding:
- UT Southwestern Archives
- The History of Medicine collection, including the Rare Book Room
- Analog and digital preservation
- UT Southwestern Institutional Repository
- Texas Digital Library (TDL)
- Anesthesiology and Pain Management
Areas of Interest:
- digital archives and preservation
- archives outreach
- history of UT Southwestern
- history of medicine
- online and print media
- photographic materials
- medical imaging
- Masters of Science in Information Science, University of North Texas.
- DaF (Deutsch als Fremdsprache) | German as a Foreign Language, Johannes Kepler Universität, Linz, Austria.
- Bachelor of Arts, Studio Option, Cal State University East Bay, Hayward, California.
- Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences
- Society of American Archivists
- Kainerstorfer, C., Perkins, H., & DeWeese, M. The Monster MeSH!—Taming Medical Subject Headings for an ETD Collection . Poster session presented at the annual Texas Conference on Digital Libraries, Austin, TX, 2013.
- Maina, Bill, Zimmerman, M., Kainerstorfer, C. Dallas Medical History, 1890-1975: A Digital Collection. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Baton Rouge, LA, 2011.
- Carpenter, S., Chapa, K., Harker, K., Kainerstorfer, C., Minzenmayer, T., Ramos, T., Thompson L., Thompson, P., & Turner, A. Creating a centralized data repository. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Dallas, TX, 2008.
- Carpenter, S., Chapa, K., Harker, K., Kainerstorfer, C., Minzenmayer, T., Ramos, T., Thompson, L., Thompson, P., & Turner, A. Proving value and preserving staff sanity: A centralized data repository. Poster session presented at the annual Library Assessment Conference, Seattle, WA, 2008.
- Poster, Der Wolkenmacher (children's musical), Haslach, Austria, 2003.