Poster and Presentation Support
Individual and Group Training and Consultation
The Health Sciences Digital Library and Learning Center offers poster and presentation support for UT Southwestern affiliates.
- PowerPoint support
- design and poster template assistance
- table and chart visualization
- digital imaging assistance
- print vendor recommendations
The University has no "official" academic poster templates, but requires a logo-approved vendor for printing (See Campus Approved Poster Printing Vendors below) The following PowerPoint options are available as a starting point and include the current approved branding color schemes and logo.
- UT Southwestern Academic Square Poster Template, 4ft x 6ft, (pptx format)
- UT Southwestern Academic Square Poster Template, 4ft x 4ft, (pptx format)
For PowerPoint presentations, please refer to the MyUTSW Brand Standards PowerPoint Templates section (on-campus access only) for various slide options.
Campus-Approved Poster Printing Vendors
The University has implemented more stringent requirements for printing anything with a campus logo on it including academic posters. The following resources are now logo-approved vendors for printing:
- UTSW Print Shop – On-campus print services prints posters. Email Printing.Services@utsouthwestern.edu or call 214-648-6189 for scheduling information.
- UTSW Simmons Cancer Center prints posters on paper and canvas, and campus IDR billing is available. Contact Kathy Holloway for scheduling, availability, and pricing.
- Four Seasons Decorations – Closest off-campus logo approved vendor to campus. E-mail your poster and all requests for information to email@example.com or call 214-742-6635.
- Branding Resources (Grapevine)- 817-722-8811
- Red Dog Studios (Fort Worth) - 817-882-8080 X116
Preserving your Professional Posters and Presentations in the Institutional Repository
Depositing your academic poster or presentation into the UT Southwestern Institutional Repository provides numerous professional benefits.
- Provides a centralized location for many different campus communities Creates a permanent link (URI) for your posters and presentations to reference in your CV, ORCID record, or other online networking profile.
- Library staff members provide input and assistance for additional metadata, description, and citations
- Content is findable by search engines such as Google.
- For departments or special events wishing to deposit larger amounts of material, customized collections may be an additional option.
How do you know if the Institutional Repository is right for your academic poster or presentation?
- I would like my academic poster or presentation to be publicly-accessible online.
- Note: Restricted access options are available, but the default access is public.
- All authors listed on poster or presentation provided their approval.
- The content is a permanent deposit into the repository.
- Content is tied to UT Southwestern in some form, or produced by the UT Southwestern community in cooperation with other organizations.
How do you submit your academic poster or presentation to the Institutional Repository?
- Submit a request to library staff, who will help determine eligibility.
- Library staff will perform the deposit, or training will be provided for authors who wish to deposit materials directly