Library Mission, Vision, & Goals
Advance health care discovery and innovation through service and partnerships.
The UT Southwestern community pursues extensive collaborative partnerships with the Library to add value to health care, education, research, and community service.
The foundation of library value to the UT Southwestern community is service:
- Expert library staff partner with clients to discover and apply information for clinical, health care, educational, and research purposes in an evolving information environment.
- The Library is integrated into the campus virtual environment.
- Preservation, access, and sharing of data are integral to the latest investigational techniques for advancing scholarly output and clinical success; these data services are facilitated by the Library.
- Library services and products are continuously evaluated and modified based upon measurable outcomes.
The UT Southwestern community recognizes the Library as an important partner:
- The Library is a vital partner in the total UT Southwestern learning experience, emphasizing critical thinking, problem solving, and quality health information.
- Faculty, staff, and students work with library staff on a regular basis in UTSW centers of health care, education, research, and community service. The quality service provided by knowledgeable library staff enhances the research process for partners at their point of need.
- Library partnerships effectively utilize new technologies and new models of education and scholarly communication.
- Through library outreach to local communities, citizens acquire quality, timely information from UT Southwestern research and medical breakthroughs, resulting in an increase in the overall level of their health.
- The Library partners in curriculum courses to enhance learning experiences that make a measureable difference in student outcomes.
- A skilled and knowledgeable library staff partner with clients at their point of need to effectively utilize new technologies and new models of education, clinical practice, research, and scholarly communication.
- The Library facilitates and provides services for data curation (preservation, access, and sharing) for scholarly output and clinical success. A broad array of digitization and preservation services safeguards valuable campus artifacts.
- Through library outreach to local and international communities, citizens acquire quality, timely information from freely available sources as well as UT Southwestern research and medical breakthroughs resulting in an increase in the overall level of their health.
Last Revised: April 7, 2014
Last Reviewed: March 3, 2017