Digital Media Production Studio
The Digital Media Production Studio (E2.306) on the Main Floor of the South Campus (main) Library & Learning Center is available for all UT Southwestern affiliated clients. Library staff is available for consult by appointment.
The Media Production Studio houses the following equipment for use:
- Two PC workstations:
- Station #1 has audio and video editing software
- Station #2 has Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite 5 software (including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and Morae usability software.
- Virtual Reality Viewers (Your smart phone mobile device is needed for viewing.)
Library 3D Printing Resources
The Health Sciences Digital Library and Learning Center is the proud recipient of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, South Central Chapter 2017 and 2015 Emerging Technology Award. The purpose of the award was to encourage 3D printing literacy to our campus community through access to a 3D printer, supplies, and electronic resources, including the NIH 3D Print Exchange. This NIH website provides 3D printed models, tutorials, and a learning community discussion board for troubleshooting.
Form 2 (SLA)
The 2017 Technology Award 3D printer is a Form 2 with a Curing station and a Washing station . It can print via a USB connection from a laptop using the PreForm software. This printer is currently available by appointment only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. The materials currently available are:
Virtual RealityGoogle Cardboard Virtual Reality readers are available for use with your smart phone in the Digital Media Production Studio. Explore some of these apps:
- Google Cardboard Apps
- Airway EX Virtual Surgery Simulator (Apple / Android) Perform airway procedures, sharpen intubation skills, and earn CME - for practicing Anesthesiologists, CRNAs, and medical professionals who perform airway procedures.
- Anatomyou VR: 3D Human Anatomy (Apple / Android) Immersive human anatomy app.
- Bacteria interactive educational VR 3D (Apple / Android) Interactive 3D bacteria animations
- Bard VR (Apple) Journey into a virtual Operation Room and shrink to a microscopic level.
- InCell VR (Apple / Android) Action/racing game taking place within the micro world of a human cell.
- Medical Realities (Apple / Android) Award-winning Virtual Reality education platform for medical students, surgical trainees, surgeons, and health care professionals.
- VLIPPmed (Apple / Android) VR content platform focused in medical and healthcare education/training. It offers unlimited content channels each presenting a different series of surgeries, captured in 360-degree video.